Doing Business In Clay County
Clay County offers a beautiful and productive environment to locate and grow your business. A central location with a favorable tax structure, an able and educated workforce, proximity to post-secondary schools, and a friendly, family-oriented community that stands ready to support you and your company. Contact us today … 256-396-2828 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know … The tax burden in Alabama is one of the lowest in the United States. In addition, Alabama is one of a small number of states that allow a full deduction of Federal taxes paid from state income tax liability. Read more about Alabama Taxes and Incentives in this document from the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA).
Economic Development Resources
The following entities can provide economic development information.
- Alabama Department of Commerce
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA)
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Department of Labor
- Alabama Power Economic and Community Development
- Alabama Small Business Development Center
- East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission (EARPDC)
- Alabama Agribusiness Council
- Alabama Cooperative Extension System
- Appalachian Regional Commission
- Auburn University – Economic and Community Development Institute (ECDI)
- U.S.D.A. Rural Development
- Enterprise Zone.
- New Markets Tax Credit area.
- Several industrial and business sites to fit your needs. Check our Available Property page for more information.
- Close proximity to the Honda Automotive Plant (40 miles from City of Ashland).
- Close proximity to SBDC offices at Auburn University, Jacksonville State University, University of Alabama, and the Greater Birmingham Area SBDC.
- Less than 2 hours to ATL and BHM Airports.
- AL-9 and AL-77 connecting to Interstate 20.
- CSX main line connects Clay County to major markets throughout the Southeast.