Alabama Governor Robert Bentley is joining the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) in urging schools, churches, governmental agencies, college and universities and private non-profit organizations to help ensure that all children in the state have access to nutritious meals in the summer.
We are currently looking to get the word out about this great program, and gain sponsorship and feeding sites in Clay County for this Summer. Please see attached for a press release on more information about the story and program. Also visit the Break for a Plate website for info: http://www.Breakforaplate.com
Just one last reminder, the pre-registration deadline for the 20th Annual Beekeeping Symposium sponsored by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) and Alabama Beekeepers Association is this Friday, January 23. After Friday, registration is only available at the door. Take a moment to register online or to mail your registration form. The attached announcement includes a registration form, registration information, the final program, and driving instructions.
Online registration is available at: https://mell-base.uce.auburn.edu/wconnect/CourseStatus.awp?&course=C150207
If you are having trouble locating a hotel in Clanton, Alabama, you may want to check Prattville to the south of Clanton or Alabaster to the north of Clanton. If traveling on I65, these are about 30 miles from the Clanton Conference and Performing Arts Center. If you have reservations at The Inn at Clanton, you may want to check to be sure this hotel is still available. More information about hotels in Clanton, Alabama is available at www.alabamabeekeepers.com .
You may also want to visit www.onetew.com for information about vendors who will be available during this event.
To avoid registration lines at the door, have your registration materials ready for you when you arrive, enjoy lunch with us at the symposium, and save $10 per person, get your registration in by Friday.
Please join us in Clanton, Alabama on February 7 and please pre-register by January 23.
Dr. James E. Tew
State Specialist, Beekeeping
Alabama Cooperative Extension System
NOW HIRING – 10 Health Insurance Agents MyBamaCare, Alabama’s fastest growing Health Insurance Agency is now hiring 10 of the best health insurance agents in Alabama.
The Open Enrollment Period for the HealthCare Exchange opened on November 15, 2014 and will close on February 15, 2015.
Assist clients in selecting health insurance plan, qualifying for financial assistance and completing enrollment application. Average enrollment takes 20 minutes. This is NOT a sales position! Alabama has more than 500,000 un-insured residents who qualify for these guaranteed issue health plans. 90% clients do not currently have health insurance and will face a Federal Tax Penalty if they do not enroll by February 15, 2015.
What we offer:
State of the art technology that allows you to work from home in our virtual office suite. Leads, Leads, Leads Guaranteed Issue Health Insurance Plans with financial assistance – Average client pays less than $50 monthly premium. Professional training program designed and managed by a 20 year tele-sales expert. Top commission and BONUS program. Flexible shifts – Morning, Afternoon and Evening shifts are available.
What you can make:
The average monthly premium BEFORE subsidy is $450. You will be paid 3% Commission which averages $13.50 per month. You will receive a 5 month advance and months 6 – 12 are paid as earned. You will be paid directly from the insurance carrier on the applications you submit. The average agent can expect to complete 250 enrollment applications by February 15, 2015. 250 Enrollment applications will generate $40,500 in income for 2015.
What we require:
You must have a VALID Health Insurance License for the State of Alabama. You must be customer service oriented and be able to work in a tele-sales environment. You must be computer proficient. You will need a high speed internet connection, computer and headset with microphone.
If you would like more information, join us for a group webinar / tele-conference, Tuesday evening at 7:00pm. (1-6-2015)
Steps to register are listed below:
- Visit MyBamaCare.com and click on HAVE QUESTIONS? in the top right corner.
- Complete the registration.
- Click submit to receive the email with tele-conference phone number and password.
The 2014 Clay County Life magazine and maps are here. Contact Tiffany at the Chamber to get your copy or copies for your business. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256-396-2828!
Parents As Teachers
Serving Clay, Coosa, and Talladega Counties
Parents as Teachers is a free home visitation program that provides support to pregant women, mothers, fathers, and other caregivers of young children in their home.
- Parenting and family enrichment activities.
- Activities, books, and learning materials for families.
- Monthly home visits that include vision, hearing, and development screenings.
- Guidance to set and achieve personal and family goals.
- Support through connections with other families.
- Free resources for families.
- Links to community resources..
- Fun activities for the whole family.
- Free prenatal support.
A program of Sylacauga Alliance for Family Enhancement
Primary funding for this service is provided by the Alabama Department of Children’s Affairs
78 Betsy Ross Lane / P.O. Box 1122
Sylacauga, AL 35150
From the edges of the black belt to the Southern Appalachians, the PPBT offers over 3.6 million acres to explore with several excellent sites in Clay County. East Central Alabama is a pathway during Spring and Fall migration.
While you’re at it, read this great article on bird watching that was recently in the Montgomery Advertiser.
Posted July 9, 2014
Job Opportunity: Automobile Logistics in Lincoln, AL
Elwood Staffing is currently recruiting for forklift operators for an Automobile Logistics Company in Lincoln, AL. Must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift. 1st shift hours are 6am-2:30pm and 2nd shift hours are 4pm-12:30am. Prior forklift experience required. Pay will be based on experience. Please apply online at www.elwoodstaffing.com and then give our office a call at 256-362-1953. If you already have an application on file, give us a call.
Posted July 9, 2014
Job Opportunity: Honda Manufacturing in Lincoln, AL
Elwood Staffing is recruiting for Honda Manufacturing of Alabama in Lincoln, AL. M-F, 8 hour shifts. Must be able to rotate shifts every two weeks. First shift (6am-2:30pm) pays $12.00/hr and Second shift (4pm-12:30am) pays $12.60/hr. Background Check/Reference Checks/ Drug Screen/Physical are all required. Please apply online at www.elwoodstaffing.com and then give our office a call at 256-362-1953. If you already have an application on file, give us a call.
Applications are being accepted for the position of Clay County Chamber of Commerce CEO
The Chamber CEO directs all planning to carry out chamber objectives and implement chamber policy, as established by the Board. This executive position is accountable for the effective and efficient operation of all organizational activities of the chamber and its foundation, including but not limited to: program initiatives; membership recruitment, development and retention; training and supervision of volunteers and program participants; certain fiscal responsibilities as dictated by the executive board; developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the Clay County Chamber of Commerce and business, public policy/governmental organizations, other regional chambers and other regional organizations to foster a strong business environment for the members. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send letter of application and resume to: email@example.com
Or mail to: CCCC Search, P.O. Box 475, Ashland, Al 36251
Application deadline June 18, 2014
Position Description: Clay County Chamber of Commerce CEO
Reports To: Executive Board
The Chamber CEO directs all planning to carry out chamber objectives and implement chamber policy, as established by the Board.
This executive position is accountable for the effective and efficient operation of all organizational activities of the chamber and its foundation, including but not limited to: program initiatives; membership recruitment, development and retention; training and supervision of volunteers and program participants; certain fiscal responsibilities as dictated by the executive board; developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the Clay County Chamber of Commerce and business, public policy/governmental organizations, other regional chambers and other regional organizations to foster a strong business environment for the members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- A proven track record of managerial success through well-developed leadership and organizational skills resulting in achievement of goals; well-developed and proven organizational and program design skills.
- Strong political acumen in this apolitical position with an ability to tactfully work with differing opinions, build consensus, represent chamber members individually and collectively and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and listening skills, public speaking in large and small groups, representing the chamber in both print and broadcast interviews and attention to a multitude of detail.
- Technical ability to advertise/manage social media pages/campaigns and website content.
- Serves as the organization’s primary liaison with the public sector and with major trade and professional organizations. Acts as the primary spokesperson for the organization and represents the officers, Board and membership in this capacity.
- Responsible for maintaining financial records and accounts, to include collection efforts when necessary.
- Ability to create strategic public/private partnerships, including building alliances with a wide range of constituencies and influencers that include business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, elected officials and the media.
- Passionate enthusiasm and desire to help the organization reach its goals.
- A person of integrity who is a proven organizer and visionary with outstanding time management skills.
- A strong understanding of what a chamber of commerce or similar membership-driven organization is and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Personally visits Chamber members on a regular basis for the purpose of building goodwill and gathering information to address member needs.
- At least five years experience as a successful leader, with business acumen. Chamber and/or other non-profit management, or related field experience, is preferred.
- Must have proven communication skills and be able to effectively deal with volunteers, public officials and the general public. Excellent planning, writing and verbal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to positively affect change and manage balanced budgets in a business/non-profit/membership-driven or comparable organization.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work effectively without direct supervision.
- Successful completion of a background check.
The Clay County Chamber of Commerce is committed to ensuring that all businesses, regardless of their size are positioned to succeed and grow in Clay County. The Chamber is committed to being the voice of business. The Clay County Chamber of Commerce currently has over 190 members and is proud to have been chosen as the 2012 Tourism Organization of the Year by the Alabama Department of Tourism. More information about the chamber can be found at www.alabamaclaycounty.com
Send cover letter of application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or mail to: CCCC Search, P.O. Box 475, Ashland, Al 36251
Application deadline June 18, 2014